How Do I Get Saved?
Ironwood has many goals, but the primary goal addressed at every camp is to bring to the conscious mind the most important question one will ever face. Every honest person knows that questions from deep within his spirit occasionally rise to the surface: Am I ready to face my Maker? Am I 100% sure I’ll be going to Heaven when I die? The answers to these questions are found in the verses and steps below.
- Realize and acknowledge . . . all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- Realize and acknowledge . . . the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
All men die physically, but all men do not die spiritually. You can be born again through Jesus Christ and be saved from the penalty of sin which is an eternal Hell, a place of “fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Revelation 21:8).
- Realize and acknowledge . . . Christ died for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3).
Jesus Christ paid the entire price on the cross for your sin. God set the price on sin, which was a perfect sacrifice, and then God Himself gave His own Son to pay the price.
- Realize and acknowledge . . . the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
God offers you freely His gift of eternal life. This gift is yours by believing in a risen Christ Who arose on the third day and is alive forevermore.
- Realize and acknowledge . . . whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).
Whosoever includes you. If you, by simple faith, will trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for your soul’s salvation, you can be 100% sure that you are going to Heaven. Nothing else will do . . . not church membership, not baptism, not confirmation, not communion. None of these things can save us from sin, only Jesus Christ.
- Confess and ask—why not pray this prayer? Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Forgive me for my sin. I believe the Bible message about what You, Jesus Christ, have done for me. I accept You now as my Savior. Thank You for saving me.